Hi

June 09, 2022

This site served as my bright-eyed 14-year-old-self's charming little attempt at beauty and lifestyle blogging, as I grew up to Bethany Mota and other so-called gurus of that era flaunting the life every tween girl envied. A lot has happened since then. For one, I'm no longer a teenager (a whole adult woman completely responsible for her own actions, yikes). I moved. I graduated school. I transferred schools. At 14, I think believed that I would've done more at this age. I need to come to terms with that now. While as a 20-year-old, I do find this blog to be a little cringe-y - taking the posts down feels a little disrespectful given the amount of work I had put into them.

I haven't written anything since high school, even though I used to call myself a writer. Now, I'm not even sure I enjoyed writing very much - I rarely finish my archived post and don't even post once a month. I guess it was something I would call a hobby when people ask so that I have some sort of complex for myself, I read and I write. The same goes for baking, I've never baked a perfect cinnamon roll.

Lately, I have found writing to be slightly therapeutic. I have a lot of thoughts, too much. I imagine those thoughts, every individual thought as a bird, thought groups flocking together in particular corners of my brain - some blocking others more important. 

I'm not sure how long it will take me to write another post or if I ever will, but think of this post as my attempt not to make this blog obsolete, I guess I owe this to her.

x Mariana 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !