Pompeii Travel Diary

February 06, 2022





Hi readers,

To visit this city have been a dream of mine since I was seven, and now I can finally cross that out of my bucket list. Although I was only there for less than day, it was my most memorable experience in Italy.

Pompeii was an ancient roman city, located near modern-day Naples today. Pompeii - along with other ancient civilisations at that time - was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. It was buried under meters of ashes for hundreds of years until it was discovered in 1926.

I was from Rome. The journey to Pompeii took almost a whole day, includes: a train ride from Rome to Naples, Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Poggiomorino, and lastly from Poggiomorino to Pompei.

I got to the site at around 4 p.m. and was very exhausted due to the many delays of the Circumvesuviana train. If I'm not mistaken, the site closes at 7 - so I only had 3 hours of exploring Pompeii.

The rest of the

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !