Skincare Routine

May 06, 2016


Dear readers,

I have had this draft for quite some time now but never got the chance to finish it. But guess what? After spending three months in my draft, this post is finally getting published!

I have a very problematic skin, well, combination to be exact. The T-zone area can be very oily, but in other places are dry and flakey. My skin is acne-prone, there are more than a few closed comedo scattered around my forehead and tiny blackheads on my nose.

Acne is something common around us - especially when it comes to teenagers. Nevertheless, having them can sometimes make you feel insecure. I had my first major acne breakout last year. Not knowing what to do, I tried different remedies. My acne got worse to the point where I can't leave the house without any coverage. After trying different products, I finally found the right one for me.
Here is my everyday skincare routine:



Facial Wipes
These removes waterproof makeup, oil, and dirt from my skin surface, even though it still does leave traces. I always have a pack of wipes on my bedside for when I'm too tired.

Deep Cleansing Toner
This isn't a must, but I do this step most of the time. Toner removes any leftovers from your face and clears your pores.

Clinique Cleansing Foam
I use this as my everyday face wash. It is supposed to fight acne and reduce blemishes.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion
This contains salicylic acid and alcohol which helps with my acne. I apply it by dabbing the product with a cotton pad all over my face. This helps especially when I have a real bad breakout.

Olay Day Cream
So before bb cream, this is a must, otherwise my skin would be very dry. I would probably skip this step if my skin feels more oily than usual.

For nighttime, I would skip moisturizer/day cream. Before bed, here are a couple more products I would use:

Clinique All About Eyes
A teenager with dark circles might sound a little strange to you. Maybe it's because I stay up too late at night reading.

Tea Tree Oil
This hasn't been on my routine for a long time. I bought this a couple of weeks ago to treat my acne, it has been doing great so far! Will be doing a review on it soon ;)

That is all of the skincare products I use. It's not much, but it is a start. I have been taking a better care of my skin, especially because I wear makeup every day now.

What is your favorite skincare product?

Thank you for reading, see you in my next post!

xx Mariana

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !