❀ Cherry Blossom Festival & OOTD ❀

April 09, 2016

Hey readers,

Today, I went to a Cherry Blossom Festival/Kersenbloesemfestival in Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam Forest). The annual celebration marks the return of spring in the Netherlands. Around 400 Japanese Sakura trees live in the area, planted in the year 2000 by The Japan Women's Club. The trees symbolize a new beginning and hope.




The festival was approximately a 30-minute walk from Amstelveen centrum, but there were buses to the location. The entrance to the park is a long bamboo bridge - I suggest that if you go there next year, skip the line and go straight take the regular path as it'll get you faster to the park. In the centre of the round area of cherry blossom trees, was a tent where Japanese food and drinks were sold. A traditional Japanese dance performance took place, but I didn't get to see it as it was swarmed by people!

I took photos there, not many though as it was very crowded. Oh well. Here's a photo of me amid the cherry blossoms and people:


Outfit of the day: a cute long sleeved top that I got from H&M and a classic pair of high waisted jeans, paired with a leather jacket to top it off. I've noticed that tops and dresses with open shoulder have been trending lately, and I thought they are cool so I decided to get one myself.



How beautiful are the sakuras!


The tent surrounded by cherry blossom trees (and people!).


Selfiee :) 


Thank you for reading! What are you most excited for this spring?

xx Mariana

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your outfit is so pretty! I certainly looks crowded from the back drops of your photos, I'm excited for flowers to bloom this spring xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's one of the many things I'm looking forward to this spring :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is such a perfect outfit for an outdoor festival! So light and cute, and those Sakuras! Oh, you must have had a wonderful time. It looks perfect <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !