30-minutes Fool Proof Cinnamon Rolls

February 03, 2016

Hey readers,

There are two things I'm obsessed with, Taylor Swift and food. I admit that I'm a hard-core Swiftie and remember every single lyric of her five albums. I worship her, but you're not here to read me rambling about my love for Taylor. You're here for me rambling about how much I love food instead.

No kidding, I love food on a spiritual level. Cinnamon Rolls is one of my favorite food, so I do take them very seriously. They need to be in the perfect level of fluffiness, not too sweet, and a strong taste of cinnamon. However, there's only one Cinnabon store in Amsterdam and it's rather far from my house.

So to satisfy my cravings for cinnamon rolls, without having to go to the other part of the city, I tried making some from scratch. Let's just say it's not as easy and more of a hassle than I thought it would be. After trying out couple recipes, I started to think it'd be more time saving to hop on a bus and spend 17 euros on a fresh batch of cinnamon rolls.

That's until I came across a brilliant idea while baking myself some butter croissants.
Boom. 30-minutes mini cinnamon rolls.
I went for it and damn I wish it came across my mind sooner.

Read recipe below!




Serves: 16
Ingredients:
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 package crescent/croissant roll dough
flour

1 - Lightly flour surface.

                                     

2 - Open crescent dough packaging and roll out dough.




3 - Close the creases and brush with melted butter.



4 - Sprinkle ground cinnamon and sugar.


5 - Roll 10 cm of dough and cut in half.



6 - Repeat with the remaining roll.
7 - Grease and flour baking pan.
8 - Bake in a preheated oven on 180°C for 15 minutes or until golden brown.


9 - Serve with sugar glaze by combining milk and sifted powdered sugar.


Thank you for reading and I hope you'll try out my recipe ;)

xx Mariana

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !