My trip to The Hague

April 27, 2014

Heyy guys! 
On the 5th of April 2014, I went to Den Haag or The Hague. The main reason Mom and I went there was because on that day, the Indonesian Embassy held the election to vote the members of the Indonesian parliament. I couldn't vote cause I don't meet the age limit to vote. So that's a bummer...ehm or maybe not really. Anyway..Mom didn't want to vote either because she claimed as a member of the 'white group' or Indonesians call it 'GolPut'..I dont really understand what that means??
So well..actually we went there not because of the election, but the Indonesian food bazaar that usually goes with the election. I already imagined those yummy Indonesian food like siomay, batagor, nasi kuning, and such. But when we got there, there weren't any food stalls. Even the cafeteria was closed due to the election...Boooo!!
While my Mom and I didn't vote, but some friends of my mom did. We were waiting for them for about 45 minutes. The election was held in a large hall inside the embassy. This was my first time watching the Indonesian election held in another country and it was a good experience for me! Well unlike my mom, when I am 17 I'm gonna vote! 


After you gave your vote, you would get a blue ink on your pinkie. So they know that you've voted.
Like this:


Then we got starving and still craved for some Indonesian food! We decided to go to a Minang Restaurant for some sate padang and nasi kapau.

After our stomach was full, we went to Buitenhof. It's in the center of Den Haag. I saw a bunch of colorful tulips and some other kinds of spring flowers. They were really beautiful! 


See you in my next post!

Mariana


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !